Door County Medical Center was recently recognized by national healthcare research leader Professional Research Consultants, Inc. (PRC). Door County Medical Center was honored with the awards during the 2018 Excellence in Healthcare Conference in Charleston, South Carolina, May 22. The list of awards include:
- 5-Star Inpatient Services for HCAHPS – Care Transition
- 5-Star in Inpatient Services for HCAHPS – Discharge Information
- 5-Star in Inpatient Services for Overall Hospital Rating (HCAHPS)
- 5-Star in Outpatient Surgery for Overall Quality of Care
- Top Performer in Medical Surgical for HCAHPS
- Top Performer in Inpatient Services for HCAHPS – Communication with Nurses
- Top Performer in Inpatient Services for HCAHPS – Hospital Environment
- Top Performer in Inpatient Services for HCAHPS – Overall Rating
- Top Performer in Inpatient Services for HCAHPS – Responsiveness of Staff
The Excellence in Healthcare Awards recognize organizations and individuals who achieve excellence throughout the year by improving patient experiences, healthcare employee engagement and/or physician alignment and engagement based on surveys of their patients.
“It is an honor to recognize Door County Medical Center with these Excellence in Healthcare Awards for their deserving work,” said Joe M. Inguanzo, Ph.D., President and CEO of PRC. “It takes true dedication and determination to achieve this level of excellence in healthcare and Door County Medical Center has shown their commitment to making their hospital a better place to work, a better place to practice medicine and a better place for patients to be treated.”
The Excellence in Healthcare Conference has brought together hundreds of healthcare leaders to celebrate their work to transform the patient experience. With a focus on excellence and a commitment to improve the performance of healthcare organizations, PRC recognizes the outstanding award recipients at the 2018 Excellence in Healthcare Conference.
Gerald Worrick, DCMC President/CEO
“It is an honor to be recognized for providing care that really is the best of the best,” said Gerald Worrick, DCMC President/CEO. “These awards recognize the trusted, expert care and top-notch facilities available right here in Door County. We’re proud that our doctors, nurses and employees live and work alongside our patients, which brings a level of caring and commitment to those relationships that is truly special.”
Door County Medical Center’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of all people, particularly those who are most vulnerable. DCMC thanks the dedicated & thoughtful clinical staff and physicians who made these awards possible.
To learn more about the 2018 Excellence in Healthcare Awards, including eligibility and criteria, visit www.PRCCustomResearch.com.