Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are the meals free?
Meals are FREE to Children 18 & Under offered through the USDA’s Summer Food Program. Meals for adults are provided through the generosity of community donations.
Q: Who is eligible for these meals?
Anyone that is in need of a meal is welcome.
Q: Where can I pick up meals?
We have 7 different locations throughout Door County:
- Algoma Community Wellness Center
- Southern Door High School-Door #9
- Corpus Christi Parish - W. Maple St.-Door #2
- Sturgeon Bay YMCA
- Sevastopol High School
- Fish Creek YMCA
- Lakeshore Adventures-Baileys Harbor
Q: Do I have to call in for meals?
No, you do not. You can drive up to any of our site locations.
Q: What is the pick-up process?
1) Pull up to a meal pick up site. 2) Remain in your vehicle. 3) Staff will ask how many meals you need for children and adults.
Q: Is there a limit on how many meals you can take?
No, we ask that you only take meals for your family in your home.
Q: Is there a menu of meals each week?
We do not have a menu. Our meals are based on when our shipments come in.
Q: If I would like to donate to this cooperative, how do I go about doing that?
Donations can be sent to the Door County Community Foundation and directed towards Door County Meals Cooperative or visit doorcountymeals.org to donate online.