As Wisconsin has started taking steps to make life more accessible during our new normal with Covid-19, Door County Medical Center is taking steps to make our health care services more accessible while maintaining safety and meeting our patients’ needs in these ways:
- We are again performing elective surgeries.
- We’ve worked with other regional hospitals to follow specific guidelines for resuming those procedures for our community.
- Our urgent care and emergency facilities are open as usual.
- We welcome people needing urgent and emergency care for any health condition. If you need immediate care, come in. Please don’t wait to receive urgent or emergency care. Our Covid hotline remains available for screenings as well.
- Our clinicians are available as usual, especially for patients needing to manage health conditions.
- Our clinicians are beginning to see more patients at our locations.
- We request that you wear a mask at all times when you’re within our building. Unless there is a medical reason preventing use of a mask, one must be worn.
- You will be invited to clean your hands when you arrive and before leaving the care area. We call this “gel in/gel out.”
- Our reception lounges are set up to follow social distancing guidelines and are cleaned frequently with disinfectants that kill the COVID-19 virus and other potentially harmful organisms.
- At this time we are not offering complimentary beverages in any of our locations so please bring your own if you choose to.
- We have staggered appointment times to encourage social distancing, reduce traffic and create safe spaces.
- We continue to offer alternatives to in-person visits.
- Telemedicine video or phone visits safely connect patients with their clinicians.
- We invite patients to contact their clinician with questions by using their secure online portal
Visitor restrictions are still in place; those apply to anyone coming to our facility. Each patient care area has its own guidelines within those restrictions. Please contact your clinician's office for answers to your questions regarding visitor restrictions.