This is a support-focused group for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or related dementia in the early or mild stage. Each meeting will start with a topic for discussion led by Dementia Specialist/Certified Care Manager. Time will also allow for opportunity to share your current experiences, concerns, or interests.
Topics for discussion include:
- First signs, diagnosis, and questions
- Telling Others, Relationship Changes
- Partnering with your providers
- Maintaining interests and finding new ones
- Legal and Financial worries
- Maintaining Independence
While this group is for persons with dementia only, there are group and individual support opportunities available in Door county for caregivers. Please fill in the form below, or call Christy Wisniewski at Door County Medical Center at (920)746-3504.