The Pete and Jelaine Horton Center Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) at DCMC provides professional, compassionate care for people in need of Long Term or Rehabilitative care.
Residents choose their meals from a variety of food options and consult regularly with one of our Registered Dietitians. Every resident is encouraged to eat in the comfort of the dining room however each is welcome to eat in the privacy of their room if they chose.
SNF staff members strive to understand each resident as an individual and care is tailored to personal needs. Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants come together with residents and loved ones to ensure comfort while optimizing every resident’s potential. Professional Rehabilitation Therapists including; Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy are on staff to maximize mobility, independence and communication.
The Pete and Jelaine Horton Center Skilled Nursing Facility is rated 5 STARs on CMS’ Nursing Home Compare. It is a 30 bed facility featuring all private rooms. Two of the 30 beds are dedicated to end of life care for those individuals in the community who can no longer stay in their homes at this critical time. Immediately adjacent to these two beds are family rooms available for loved one who chose to spend the night or even 24 hours a day as residents approach end of life. Our facility is located within the Medical Complex and in addition to having direct access to DCMC Physicians, Emergency, Lab and X-Ray services; we are contracted with a variety of Hospice Providers. Supportive Services for all residents are provided by in-house Spiritual and Social Services.
The SNF Activities Director works collaboratively with residents to promote social interaction and cognitively stimulating activities. Social events include live music, community outings and celebrations.
The DCMC Memory Clinic and Mental Health Specialists are available for consult should a need arise.
Contribute to the Skilled Nursing Facility
Can visitors have meals with residents?
- Visitors are allowed to bring meals or go to the hospital cafeteria. Only one visitor may receive a meal at no charge from the resident menu after all residents have been served.
- Meals are served at 8 am, noon and 5 pm.
- If a resident and visitor are dining together, the meal must be consumed in resident's room due to masking requirements.
Are televisions provided?
We do not provide TVs, however, you are welcome to bring your own. Cable service is available through Spectrum.
Are there telephones in resident rooms?
Residents can have landlines installed at their own expense. Many residents choose to use their cell phones. Residents can use the facility phone to make and receive calls. The phone number is 920-746-3719.
Can pets visit?
Pets can visit provided the following rules are met:
- They must be up to date with vaccines. Your veterinarian can fax records to 920-746-0492.
- Pets must be on leashes and in control at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in areas where food is being served.
- The Pet Visitation Agreement is reviewed and signed.
Is there beautician/barber services?
Each Wednesday, volunteers from the Axillary provide salon services which generally include shampoo/sets or haircuts. Your personal beautician or barber are welcome to come in and use the salon.
Can I control the room temperature?
Each room has its own thermostat that can be adjusted to your preferred temperature. Portable space heaters, electric blankets and heating pads are not allowed.
What are the visiting hours?
Visitation is allowed 24/7.
Can we bring or store food in the refrigerators?
- Food can be kept in the refrigerator and must be labeled with resident's name or room number and dated when it was brought in.
- Perishable items can be kept in the refrigerator for no more than three days and must be dated with the day brought in and the discard date. Items will be disposed of after the discard date.
- Unlabeled items will be discarded and containers for discarded items will not be saved.
- Stickers for labeling food containers are in the drawer next to the refrigerator.
Please be aware:
- Extension cords and power strips are not allowed.
- SNF does personal laundry on site. If you provide blankets, please make sure they are clearly labeled.
- We do not recommend the residents bring expensive jewelry or other valuable items that could easily be lost.
- You are welcome to bring your electric razor and personal toiletries.